26.10.09

666

Saturday made day 6, bike 6, and route home 6 for the week. Great to work an extra day this week to make it happen. And six days in a row up the shelf road is a full week...

Picked up some new wheels on Friday, old blue King hubs off the Bianchi Martini have found new life with some Stan's 29er rims and Stans Raven cx tires. Peeled off most of the stickers and the wheels are pretty stealth looking. Reminds me of the looks of BBBB's set up with his dark blue travel mtn / cx bike.


Speaking of Bob Brown, he told me that the Stan's wheels would be great, but not to go and beat them off road and... or I would destroy them. So I headed home with plans for an unmarked connector from Mag to Flagstaff. Made a wrong turn and ended up going down some crazy rock ledges and 4x4 rutted out steep rocky roads. Then had to carry the TC over a ridge or two to get back on track, more crazy nasty 4x4 roads and I made it home in three and a half hours. The new wheel tire combo is great, and I didn't ruin them yet Bob.

Do I look lost here? I thought I was unlost, but then after I took this I figured out that I was still lost.


Sunday was up at work again to send out some TPS reports

Snowmaking was on and on! Tic toc...


Got a little superfan action in with the G pup on Sunday aft out at the Boulder Res. Great battle in the mens open race between Danny Summerhill, Jon Baker, Mat Pacocho, Brandon 'Dubba' Dwight, and Pete 'The Pilot' Webber. Summerhill pushed it from the gun, spent the most time on the front attacking, and had the most in the tank in the end. Great racing by all 5 guys, all tough as nails in the cold, wet snowy conditions.

No comments: