21.9.08

Press Release

This guy did it.

Then this guy did it.

So it seems like THE thing to do this year.

I don't remember ever retiring from bike racing, more That I got sidetracked and just stopped. Last time I pinned on a number was for the Hopkin's Raspberry Festival Crit in 2007. But it rained, the race was canceled, and I went to Europe for a while and China for a while and then who knows.

There was that SSWC thing in Scotland last Labor Day weekend, but the way the Vitch and I rolled that it for sure did not count as 'racing'.

Either way, no matter how I look at it, I haven't raced in over a year.

With this announcement hitting the blog, I am sure the media crush is about to hit! I will probably be out riding on a gravel road when it does.

Seems like there are a couple things that are required for this to really take hold.

A couple of these, because short socks are not as fast as they used to be.

And one of these, because I guess when you look like a pedophile you get chased a lot, and that must make you fast.

No event has been named as the official comeback event yet, but I am sure said event will benefit from a huge surge in publicity.

1 comment:

Bicycle Hellfire Machine said...

Didn't see that coming...well, the mustache anyway. Plenty of race choices out there I'm sure.

With your current hair style choice, a big thick black mustache will put you in the Chopper realm. Choice! Just need a bit more ink...