24.9.09

Retired

After three days of tough commutes, the Spot had to be retired to the garage today. It survive muddy Monday down Mag, Tues down Sugarloaf, and Wed down a sloppy Gold Hill Rd / Sunshine. Something about that metal on metal sound the back brakes were making as I flew down Sunshine canyon said better take a look at it before it heads out again...

Thats right Thorny, I asked someone to take my picture...

The muck/gravel/water proved too much for one of my Planet Bike superflash blinkies too, it might have life once it dries out. Fender could be in order.

The Hwood Jav is the sacrificial lamb for today. Migrated a set of Time atacs onto it, aired it up...

Did a little offroad shortcut to get thru Ned this am and it bit me, the road tires didn't like the sharp little stones. Got to road test my Topeak Master Blaster pump, worked pretty slick. Frame pump sized and has a little foot holder that flips down and a pump hose and tiny little guage. Nice to not rip off the valve stem while trying to get enough air in. Sweet little pump, just too big for a pocket, but it is the best pump I have ever used out on the road or trail.

Also got to see some Elk chillin in the valley north of the turn up shelf road this am. Heard one buggle and spotted them, pretty cool, and made for some good entertainment during my flat fix.

No comments: